Look at this cute picture! This cute little boy is full of personality and sweetness. People that have met Colin and talked to Colin have said he is just a joy, a sweetheart, a very smart kid, and a silly boy! Let me say I agree with them, he is also a big love bug at home giving hugs and kisses to me, Andrew or Nick depending on who is here. Now I will say he likes getting his way and he is "hard headed" but so are his parents, and he is 4! But at the same time his parents never got into trouble like he is at school. We respected our teachers, listened and followed directions, and never put our hands or feet on people. Now don't me wrong we weren't prefect but we didn't come home in trouble like he is. For the last two weeks of school a total 8 days he has only come home on green once. The rest have been yellow or red. (They have a pretend stop light in there room for discipline.) Nick and I have talked to him about how disappointed we are. My parents, Mrs. Kelly and his teachers have talked to him. But nothing seems to be sinking in. I have sat him time out, I have taken things from, I have popped his hand but he keeps coming home on yellow or red. Well today, I got a text message from Mrs. Kelly telling me to call her. I was so worried something bad had happened. So I called to find out that Colin had pushed a girl at school and came home on red. But to top that off, he had to leave his classroom because of his actions. Now, this is what he is telling me. When Mrs. Kelly picked the kids up from school his teacher told her that she would be calling me. So I am sitting here waiting to hear from his teacher. I feel like a kid in trouble myself, waiting to find out what kind of trouble I am in. I just so lost on what to do with him, he is just a sweetheart but he can not and will not act this way at school. But at the same time I have heard that "teacher kids aren't the best students". GREAT!!!!!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
What is up with Colin
Look at this cute picture! This cute little boy is full of personality and sweetness. People that have met Colin and talked to Colin have said he is just a joy, a sweetheart, a very smart kid, and a silly boy! Let me say I agree with them, he is also a big love bug at home giving hugs and kisses to me, Andrew or Nick depending on who is here. Now I will say he likes getting his way and he is "hard headed" but so are his parents, and he is 4! But at the same time his parents never got into trouble like he is at school. We respected our teachers, listened and followed directions, and never put our hands or feet on people. Now don't me wrong we weren't prefect but we didn't come home in trouble like he is. For the last two weeks of school a total 8 days he has only come home on green once. The rest have been yellow or red. (They have a pretend stop light in there room for discipline.) Nick and I have talked to him about how disappointed we are. My parents, Mrs. Kelly and his teachers have talked to him. But nothing seems to be sinking in. I have sat him time out, I have taken things from, I have popped his hand but he keeps coming home on yellow or red. Well today, I got a text message from Mrs. Kelly telling me to call her. I was so worried something bad had happened. So I called to find out that Colin had pushed a girl at school and came home on red. But to top that off, he had to leave his classroom because of his actions. Now, this is what he is telling me. When Mrs. Kelly picked the kids up from school his teacher told her that she would be calling me. So I am sitting here waiting to hear from his teacher. I feel like a kid in trouble myself, waiting to find out what kind of trouble I am in. I just so lost on what to do with him, he is just a sweetheart but he can not and will not act this way at school. But at the same time I have heard that "teacher kids aren't the best students". GREAT!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tell that mean old woman to leave my Colin alone! Bring him in tomorrow...we will do a quick Kid Talk with Pam and I will have him up to a tier 3 in the RTI process by lunch. I can then spend the required time with him and he will be ready for pre-k by next week. :)
This to should pass and yes teachers kids are the worst!
Post a Comment